OnePort Limited ("OnePort"), the provider of the service available through this web site, is committed to protecting the integrity of personally identifiable data of users collected online. This policy is designed to assist users in understanding why and how OnePort collects and uses such data and the safeguards in place to protect such data. This policy applies to both Members and to other users of this web site (together "users"). This policy should be read in conjunction with the Site Terms.
- REASONS FOR DATA COLLECTION
- To establish the identity of users - for these purposes, contact information such as, name, business address and e-mail will be collected from users during the registration process.
- To enable credit checks - such as analysing, verifying and/or checking users' credit, payment and/or status in relation to users' ability to use the Services.
- To provide services and support - this information comprises both contact information and information related to products and services offered by OnePort, as well as customer and technical support services requested by users. This information is also used to provide users with product and service updates and similar notices in respect of the services provided by OnePort.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including contacting you directly to inform you of new services or opportunities of electronic services, business, professional and other personal services offered by OnePort or its business partners.
- Any other specific purpose(s) which is/are notified to the user at the time personal data is collected.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- any persons or bodies corporate within the OnePort and its group of companies;
- any persons or bodies corporate under a duty of confidentiality to OnePort;
- employees of OnePort;
- any contractors, agents, other persons or bodies corporate engaged by or in relation to any of the purposes listed above or any third party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities clearing, insurance, professional or other services to OnePort;
- any banking, financial or other institution with which the user has or proposes to have dealings;
- any debt collection or credit reference agency or similar provider of debt collection or credit information services to OnePort;
- any person or corporation to whom OnePort transfers or proposes to transfer its interests and/or obligations in respect of a user or any product or service provided to that user;
- any person by whom OnePort is required by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements to make disclosure; or
- Customers' Administrators and Users according to their access rights (as such are defined in the Membership Terms); or
- any person reasonably requiring the same in order for OnePort to carry out the purposes set out herein.
- USER PREFERENCES / OPT-OUT
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION USING 'COOKIES'
- OTHER RIGHTS
- CONTACTING ONEPORT
Users may be required to provide information to OnePort in order to use certain services available through the web site. Additional site use information may be gathered as users navigate the web site. This information is gathered for the following main purposes:
2.1 You acknowledge and authorize that all information supplied by you will be retained by OnePort and stored in one or more of our databases and may be disclosed or transferred to and accessed by:
2.2 You further acknowledge that third parties to whom information supplied by you may be transferred in accordance with paragraph 2.1 may be situated outside Hong Kong.
If at any point in the future a user does not wish to receive any unsolicited communications from OnePort, simply contact OnePort by email (contact@OnePort.com) or in writing and OnePort will remove the user from contact list for the purposes of those communications. OnePort would retain the user's contact details for use only for customer service purposes, such as notification of system slow down for maintenance or unavailability of the web site for any other reason.
4.1 OnePort may use "cookies" or other technologies to collect information on the usage of the web site by users and to facilitate return visits. A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to be stored on a user's PC via its webbrowser so it can later be read back from that browser. The information collected from cookies can be used to improve the functionality of the web site. The information on the web site is organized and presented based on our analysis of the aggregate usage of the web site. Cookies are also useful in allowing more streamlined log-in, tracking of transactions and in preserving information between sessions. As further customization of the web site is developed, cookies may play an integral part in assuring that information provided to users will reflect their preferences and be most relevant to their needs.
4.3 Users may disable the cookie feature on their browser without affecting their ability to transact business on the web site. Cookies do, however, enable many convenience features of the web site. Disabling cookies may require more complexity and data entry. Users should also be aware that if they do disable cookies they may not be able to use certain features on the web site.
OnePort is concerned with the security of data collected and has put in place measures to prevent unauthorized access to that information. OnePort systems safeguard electronic communications by utilising appropriate state-of-the-art security protocols for authentication, authorisation and privacy, including SSL, encryption, digital certificates incorporating private keys, firewalls and data duplication. Notwithstanding the above, OnePort shall not in any event be responsible for any breach whatsoever of security or the unauthorised disclosure or use of any such data. Users should note that security measures in place may vary between services.
Any requests for access to data, correction of data or for information regarding practices and kinds of data held should be addressed to: contact@OnePort.com
Last updated : 28 March 2013